pátek 7. dubna 2017

Acrylic Monster

Hi, my dear readers ♥

At some point of every knitter's life, we all realize that there is a huge box full of ugly acrylic yarn we bought at the beginning of our knitting journey..
...it's there...somewhere hidden... full of colours, which are not that bad, but THE MATERIAL oh, how ugly it is in comparisson with your lovely stash of Malabrigos, soft bamboos and top-quality handspuns ...
But at the same time you just can't throw it away !
Well, you can give it to someone for learning or kids for crafting, but I don't have anyone like this around me so I decided to make a big, ugly, acrylic sweater :D ha !

I found a super-simple pattern in Rebecca magazine (it's basically just two rectangles and two very easy sleeves attached to them) and dived into my acrylic stash immedatly... and after a while I emerged with this choice of colours - grey, darker grey and POP OF NEON ! Stephen woud be proud

I know now you probably made the "uuugh" sound but wait ! It's great ! I wanted sweater in these colours for a while now :D And it actually ended up looking exactly like I wanted - oversized, comfy sweater which matches with everything, but at the same time it's not simple :)

When I casted this on, I planned to wear it at home only, but it looks so cool that I actually wear it quite often with regular clothes :D

For the photos I decided to go a bit wilder than usual and embraced my inner Uchuu-kei self ♪
("Uchuu kei is a Japanese fashion that takes inspiration from the 90s and space; "Uchuu" means space in Japanese! Sparkly space fashion~" source Uchuu kei FB)

Seriously, I want to be 16 again and run around in space outfits with pink-colored hair in buns, alien backpack and big platform boots *o* 



 I made the neck a bit smaller later, because this was too much... and now it's a bit too small, so I'll have to modify it again :D ha ha 

 Behold my amazing bubble-foil Cyberdog tote bag !



 I want to wear make-up like this every day !


taking photos with Satan


I hope you're all doing fine ♪
Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



6 komentářů:

  1. Haha super!! ♥ škoda že taky nemám zásobu černý a šedý...já mám samý hrozný divno barvy.. (to jsem si fakt kupovala?? -__-) a ty dvě poslední fotky jsou nej!! :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Děkuju :) No já mám taky spoustu podivností, jen se neboj :D

      Vymazat
  2. Who says you have to be 16 to ware uchuu kei? Just ware it if you want to!!! :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. I love it, it looks great! And I didn't know there was a word for 90s-and-space-inspired looks, gotta look that up asap! ^^

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thank you ♥ It's cool, right ? Finally it has some name :D

      Vymazat